PDA

View Full Version : Rejected a new job due to anxiety. Twice!!!

John_88
26-07-16, 18:57
Hi my name is John am 28 years old with two kids and a partner that rely on me to provide for our family. Ive have problems with a certain situation around changing jobs that brings on anxiety, depression, indecision which leads me to where im unable to sleep with worry, fear and completley overthink every possible outcome of if i changed jobs all which are all negative i go compeltly blind to what i went in to the job for in the first place. I forget all the positives. Ive had this two times now and the last time has basically stopped me from taking what would of been an excellant opportunity in moving forward in my career. I was offered an excellant job that would of improved my quality of life and my familys no end. I was selected from 30 candidates so they thought i was the right person for the job but as soon as i got the phone call to say i had got the job anxiety hit. I was immediately torn between should i take it and started having all negative thoughts as to why i shouldnt. I couldnt see any positives at this point and began all sorts of what if??? Sicnarios in my head. I wasnt sleeping, eating, was having panic attacks. This went on for about a week before i declined the job as the thought of a 4 week notice period and then the first few weeks/months of getting used to a new job was too much to bare. As soon as i gave backword on the job i thought it would be over then it hit even worse along with depression as it had suddenly dorned on me i had passed on a great chance to stay in a job that i dont enjoy am just comfortable in and that holds no future prospects. Ive never felt so low as what i do now and it makes me feel really stupid as some people have real issues in life but this is what brings on my anxiety and i feel if i cant put an end to it then it will hold me back for the rest of my life. I think that it was the fear of change that brought it on but by overthinking everything which i do with alot of things in life hasn't helped. Has anyone ever had anything similar or tips to deal with my issues. I really cant believe what i have done I feel that i have ruined my working career now because of this and have total regret for the decision i made. All i can see is never been able to change jobs ever which is making me depressed and the anxiety is even worse now. Am really kicking myself for what ive done as i know whats out there in my line of work and jobs like that dont come around often. I was just blinded by everything going on in my head.