PDA

View Full Version : Jaw popping/pain?

DrG00GLE
26-07-16, 19:34
Recently I woke up this morning after being anxiety free the past few days. But now it's come back. I felt a slight pain in my tooth when I moved my mouth. Now my jaw and tooth hurt a little and whenever I chew my jaw pops. It's been doing this for an hour. If it helps, I do have pretty bad dental hygiene. Is this a cavity? Is it something worse?

Girl18
26-07-16, 19:38
Recently I woke up this morning after being anxiety free the past few days. But now it's come back. I felt a slight pain in my tooth when I moved my mouth. Now my jaw and tooth hurt a little and whenever I chew my jaw pops. It's been doing this for an hour. If it helps, I do have pretty bad dental hygiene. Is this a cavity? Is it something worse?

A few years ago my jaw would pop whenever I ate, it was so bizarre. It went away on it's own though.

I would just go to the dentist if you can and check for cavities anyway. Pain in a tooth is most likely a cavity or sensitivity.

Do you chew gum? I can't chew gum because my whole jaw hurts after.

Aimee1875
26-07-16, 19:39
Sounds like tmj which is a very common condition. Happens when you grind your teeth a lot during your sleep and causes the jaw to pop upon movement along with pain. Take some ibuprofen and massage your jaw which should help ease it

Girl18
26-07-16, 19:54
Sounds like tmj which is a very common condition. Happens when you grind your teeth a lot during your sleep and causes the jaw to pop upon movement along with pain. Take some ibuprofen and massage your jaw which should help ease it

This is also true! I forgot about this. I get TMJ but I grind my teeth from stress/anxiety.

DrG00GLE
26-07-16, 20:09
I'll go see a doctor, I'm scared it's tetanus because I made a thread a week ago about tetanus. My jaw is clicking on the right side only so it can't be lockjaw right? Just really scared right now

Aimee1875
26-07-16, 20:24
From what I've read about tetanus it's pretty rare and serious and when left untreated for days your symptoms get rapidly worse. Just read on the nhs website that there were only seven cases in the uk in 2013,show how rare it is! When you said you woke up with it is what makes me think it's tmj and you may be grinding your teeth during the night or slept in a position with your jaw shut tight. Honestly you'll be okay!

DrG00GLE
27-07-16, 01:38
So I asked my mom and she said I had a tetanus shot last year for my school and even if I didn't get a tetanus shot it was still rare. However I can't get over this because not only this jaw popping but my arm has started to feel a dull pain. I hate this anxiety stuff, it's just been making it worse. Is it possible I am still able to get tetanus? I don't remember me cutting myself on anything.