PDA

View Full Version : Feeling drained

phil06
27-07-16, 19:25
I had a breakdown earlier in the year and I always feel drained and energy less. How long does it last for? My girlfriend has went full time now too so I'm spending more days in the house myself when I'm off work so I'm in a deeper depression.

When will things get better? I don't feel I have energy or enjoyment to do anything felt this way for a few months? Has anybody else ever felt this way on here? :blush:

Beckybecks
27-07-16, 19:38
Yes I've definitely felt this way, and often!

Anxiety really takes it out of you and you need to give yourself time to recover. In the old days you would have been sent to a nursing home for a good long rest where you would do nothing more than sit in a comfy chair in the sunshine with a blanket over your knees :)
Now we're just suppose to get on with it....

Mind you I've found that sitting around at home, especially alone doesn't really help me.
What I did was to structure my day, get into a routine and keep myself occupied.
Gentle walking, a pleasant hobby, just keeping fairly busy, even if it means sitting in an easy chair doing crosswords or building a puzzle.

If you're not occupied your mind tends to find things to worry about.
If you sit around all day you end up feeling even more fatigued.

Get some vitamins and supplements and look at your diet. Spend some time focusing on your health.

Be patient, you will recover.

These are all things I have found that have helped me.