PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over Bleach

hypochondricat
28-07-16, 01:49
Wasn't sure if this is the right thread but today while visiting a relative I noticed them cleaning theur kitchen sink with bleach without any gloves only to later start preparing food. I have this anxiety over the idea that the fact they made food after cleaning with bleach, tbat theyll get bleach transferred to the food even though Im sure the bleach has dried by then or was rinsed off by water when they were cleaning. Am I panicking for no reason? I even noticed they used the same sponge that had bleach on it earlier to wash dishes with dish soap...which says not to mix with chlorine.

Fishmanpa
28-07-16, 02:25
Am I panicking for no reason?

Yes... Absolutely!

Positive thoughts

Selkie
28-07-16, 03:23
I agree that not wearing gloves seems questionable, for the sake of your relative's skin if nothing else. :shrug:
However I don't think there's any reason for you to panic. I doubt there would be enough bleach 'residue' on their hands to leave any sort of trace in your food.
I hope that helps reassure you a bit.

hypochondricat
28-07-16, 03:53
I agree that not wearing gloves seems questionable, for the sake of your relative's skin if nothing else. :shrug:
However I don't think there's any reason for you to panic. I doubt there would be enough bleach 'residue' on their hands to leave any sort of trace in your food.
I hope that helps reassure you a bit.

I guess it does but theres still that nagging paranioa I was having about not touching anything they touched due to the fear of bleach being on it - sounds crazy but I couldnt stop thinking of it