PDA

View Full Version : trying to cope with anxiety

tp821634
28-07-16, 11:14
Hi all,

after a bit of searching i came across this forum so thought i'd sign up and try to talk about some of my experiences in the hope of getting some extra support and less of feeling alone.

I was diagnosed with anxiety issues a few months back, although they have taken years to develop to the stage I'm at.

I tried having treatment through the NHS but that was a complete waste of time and only made the situation worse.

My anxiety causes me problems traveling so getting to see a psychologist can be an issue. I got referred to a psychologist by my gp and had several appointments, I rang and cancelled one appointment cos i was sick as a dog and then rang and cancelled a second one a few visits later because i just could face the journey (i had been made redundant a that week). I get a call that evening telling me they were discharging me due to 2 missed appointments and i could reapply for more help in 20 weeks. To say that had a negative affect on my is a a complete understatement.

I was lucky enough to come across a private psychologist who i have been seeing for a couple of months now and it seems to be slowly helping, but any additional support is always welcome even if tis just talking about similar problems.

For some reason this morning I decided i'd start writing down some of my experiences and day to day goings on in a blogg. Partly to just get some things out of my head, but also keep it as a record so i can look back and see the positives, at the minute Im having a hard time concentrating on the positives (which vastly outnumber negatives).

I've only started writing about some of the background at the minute. I'll post the link when i have a few more posts.