PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one...again

Shazamataz
28-07-16, 21:30
I am feeling very disheartened and it's a mixture of anxiety and health issues.

I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over 20 years. The past 11 years (until Nov last year) I've managed it enough to work half time and do volunteer work and study as well and more recently (last 4 years) have had dogs, so daily outings with them, sometimes two. I've bumbled along.

When the anxiety kicked in really bad (I've had it for years but not like this) late last year I was at a point of being exhausted and very stressed. The past few months have been a rollercoaster of meds failing and terrible sleep deprivation.

Yesterday was day 27 on venlafaxine which was added to my mirtazipine as I'd been doing better but bad anxiety hit again.

The past week and a half my anxiety was almost nil, just grumbling away in the background. Still exhausted but was managing to get out and about and function in what has recently become a fairly small/restricted life. But no more panics and getting out further afield and being more comfortable in my own space. I was managing a good solid 8 hours sleep and waking without anxiety.

Yesterday it all turned to custard again. I'd kept fairly busy the past few days and may have physically overdone (big walks with the dogs and lots of work around the house) it as was feeling optimistic. I didn't sleep and got up feeling really ill. I found it hard to tell what was anxiety and what was me being ill. I had to cancel my plans and all I managed to do was a quick walk with the dogs, nearly collapsed on the beach. Nauseous all day, tried to nap but had constant surges in my body. Hot and cold at the same time - is that possible?

Last night I again only managed about 4 hours sleep and have been awake since 5, desperately thirsty, surges through my body.

I just am at the end of my rope as can't keep on like this. I can't tell if I've got anxious again because of being so tired or if these symptoms are actually because of my CFS rearing it's ugly head. And I'm scared of never functioning again.

I just want to sleep but my body is having constant surges, they're hard to describe but like hot/cold surges of tingling. It;s just awful.

Not sure what I am asking here, just needing to vent and wonder if there's anyone else with CFS and how do you get on with things?

I also have a dodgy thyroid but the results apparently aren't off enough to be an issue, and may be starting the menopause process.

Have had to cancel plans for today again as I doubt I can manage anything on top of taking the dogs out, if even that. But lying around makes me feels worse, but my body just isn't up to activity.:weep:

busterrufus
28-07-16, 22:49
Shaz, I,m sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. I don't know anything about CFS really, but is it possible for you to get to see the Dr for advice? Its not nice being alone when you are feeling so ill and down. Have you a friend or neighbour who can pop in for a chat and maybe help out with the dogs? It sounds like you are really struggling and may need some support while you are so fatigued. Sorry I can't be more helpful, hope you start improving very soon.

Shazamataz
29-07-16, 00:01
Thanks Buster, I don' think there's anything the doctor can do to be honest. Yes I am very alone. Kind of used up all my favours and support the past few months. I've managed to do 50 minutes in gale winds at the beach and now feel half dead. It's very frightening.