PDA

View Full Version : On holiday - haven't been able to sleep for days - please talk me down!

katya_1978
29-07-16, 04:53
I'm on my honeymoon - but have been a mess since I got here.

I suffer from anxiety/health anxiety and panic attacks. I've been going through a barrage of tests for a long list of symptoms (some of which could quite easily be caused by anxiety) but that aside, I am currently on a beautiful island off the Dominican Republic coast and all I can think is that I am going to die her. I am getting heart palpitations lying in bed (they're always worse when I lie down) and am constantly on the verge of a panic attack as feel so isolated from civilisation and keep thinking what if something bad happens?! There is a doctor/small medical centre on the island (which consists of just the hotel) but it isn't doing anything to alleviate my fears. It isn't helping that they keep having power cuts (only a minute or so long but quite regularly in the night time) which are dreaming nevout even more.

This is supposed to be a wonderful, romantic and relaxing time and I am lying here in bed in an utter state!

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 ----------

I should proofread my posts! Which are freaking me out I meant to type.

misslove
29-07-16, 04:54
I can say that I would feel the exact same way if I were where you were. Try your best to push your anxiety and fear to the back of your mind. Or if your really feeling ballsy..... Go outside and tell your anxiety to bring all its got. Stand there and accept all that is going to happen. Don't fight it. Drink every drop of sweat, every shake in your fingers. Once you are at your climax of anxiety it will slow down and you will have mastered it. First time I read doing that I thought it was insane. But it's not and it works. Let it happen and you will dfi d there is nothing there to be afraid of and you can enjoy your vacation.

katya_1978
29-07-16, 05:15
Thanks misslove - I may just do that, the neighbours might wonder what the heck is going on mind you!

misslove
29-07-16, 05:33
Lol who cares about the neighbors!

katya_1978
29-07-16, 13:30
Thanks - I shouldn't be counting down the days until we leave ... but I am.

spacebunnyx
29-07-16, 17:07
I know how you feel... Ive had similar experiences whilst abroad. It's horrible and so sad that HA impacts the best times. Try hard to push back on your HA... go and do something really thrilling - speedboat.. snorkeling etc... things that make you feel alive. I always find exercise makes me feel a lot better.

Hope you feel better soon xxx