PDA

View Full Version : Not convinced! Are you?

Andy1718
29-07-16, 16:57
Hi guys
So I am 8 weeks into 20mg of cit and to be honest I am not convinced. I was signed off work with severe stress and anxiety some 10 weeks ago and I am much better but actually wondering whether my body has learned to heal this as I do not feel and different from how I was before i was signed off.
I have always suffered with general anxiety with work, meetings etc and I thought that this overall may help with that but I get the same feelings about work and meetings at the moment.
I had read on many occasions that you need to give the tablets more time but to be honest I am running out of patience. If the cit has worked for you how does it suppose to make you feel? Can anyone explain that? What should I be feeling? When do I go back to the GP and say that the med needs changing or upping.
I have 5 weeks until I am back into the throws of work and would really like to feel different and in a position where I can cope better.
I appreciate that somebody have remarked that cit was a miracle cure and really worked well but I think that depends of how dark of a place you were in the first place?

sollythegolly
29-07-16, 17:12
Into week 15 at 20mg and starting to feel an improvement. Some ups and downs though. Just hang on in there for at least 12 weeks.

Suziewuzie
29-07-16, 21:33
I think getting back into the throws of things will make the biggest difference - not the citalopram. I know what you mean because I too was waiting for that final big step into feeling totally normal, but it never came until I just battled on head first with my life and said "Sod it, this is how I feel and it's not ruling my life any more"
You just do it. And somewhere along the way you realise you're doing it & you're OK, and then somewhere else along the way you realise that you haven't felt anxious in a while, and then further along you realise you haven't even thought about anxiety in a while. If I could go back 5 months and tell my anxious self something it would just be to stop waiting - there is no magical moment where the meds start to work and you feel better, you just realise one day that you're actually OK now.

karenp
30-07-16, 07:05
I was going to say the same, one day you just realise you are ok.