PDA

View Full Version : Went to see doctor about symptoms, he didn't seem to care?

Anxietynez
29-07-16, 18:15
Hi everyone, i'm in a really bad place with my health anxiety at the moment, and was finally able to see a GP about the symptoms plaguing me. i told the doctor all of my symptoms which have been driving me insane recently, including my lower back pain, palpable lymph nodes , slightly raised temperature instances, and sweating at night, and of-course my health anxiety.
i'm not too sure what i was expecting, but after all that he only asked a few basic questions and had a feel down my back, and very lightly examined my lymph nodes. he told me that my nodes were normal, and booked me for an Xray and bloodtest without really giving me any further information or insight into what he thought on the matter. he also didn't comment on the sweating i get at night, which i myself am pretty sure could be due to raised anxiety but never really got any official word on the matter.
Im not too sure why i feel this way but i really thought that i would at the very least feel more enlightened or reassured after seeing my GP, but i'm still stressing about everything that i was before i came, aswell as the upcoming tests which take grueling weeks to complete and get results from.

sorry for yet another wall of text, but i'm just desperate to hear from people who have been through similar symptoms or could say anything on the matter. thanks in advance! :)

Mojo61
29-07-16, 18:17
Did your doctor offer to refer you for some CBT? In fact, you can refer yourself in most cases.