PDA

View Full Version : don,t know if i,ll be well enough

busterrufus
29-07-16, 23:23
This last bout of severe anxiety started nearly 5 months ago and I,ve really been struggling. Recently I ve had some good advice on here which I,ve tried to apply

i felt better for a few hours yesterday and much more optimistic. Today however, the physical feelings have overwhelmed me again and i m struggling because I can't stop thinking about them and staying in the fear cycle.

I feel i,m putting pressure on myself,my daughter is expecting her 2nd child in 5 weeks and wants me at the birth with her. I can't see myself being able to make it.

I don't know whether to tell her i can't do it now, or wait until nearer the time in case i feel a lot better. It will upset us both if i can't, but i don't want to let her down at the last minute. It,s hard to think about it unemotionally.

Shazamataz
30-07-16, 00:27
Buster, you can only do your best and being highly anxious at the birth would be no help to anyone. Maybe letting her know now would take the pressure off and your anxiety will calm a bit (some may be caused by the idea of having to go to the birth?).

Every moment when you feel 'normal' is worth celebrating. Remind yourself of those moments when things are feeling bad. Easier said than done, but it helps a little.

Did you increase your fluoxetine? If so this will take a while to settle.

busterrufus
30-07-16, 01:03
Thanks shaz. I know she really wants me there but its true, I wouldn't want to make things any more difficult for her.
Yes I did start the increase so I hope that will help but like you say it takes time.
I really hope you are feeling better.

Shazamataz
30-07-16, 03:11
Thanks Buster, a little better today so will keep plodding along!