PDA

View Full Version : Stomach anxiety symptoms

DaveCH
30-07-16, 08:23
Does anyone get loud gurling noises in the stomach from anxiety ?

Button1
30-07-16, 09:00
Yes- the stomach/ gut is notoriously sensitive to stress. Gurgling is very common when you're anxious

KeeKee
30-07-16, 09:15
I think it's very common even if you aren't anxious.
Both my partner and daughter have really loud stomachs and neither have anxiety. Although my partner does have IBS.

DaveCH
30-07-16, 10:07
I think it's very common even if you aren't anxious.
Both my partner and daughter have really loud stomachs and neither have anxiety. Although my partner does have IBS.

Did if have colonoscopy etc to determine he has ibs. My bowel movements haven't changed and I haven't any pain

KeeKee
30-07-16, 11:49
Did if have colonoscopy etc to determine he has ibs. My bowel movements haven't changed and I haven't any pain

No I don't believe that is standard procedure. He has had IBS for years though. It doesn't have to be painful to be IBS. I know loads of people who have it. My daughter also gets these noises it's nothing to worry about.

I also get them too but I have anxiety. I've noticed I also feel hungry sometimes even when I've recently had a meal! It's a nightmare as I don't want to eat more but hate that feeling.

The main reason I mentioned people getting it even when they don't have anxiety is because when you have anxiety, it seems all your symptoms are attributed to anxiety when they can be normal even for people without. This includes twitching, tiredness, palpitations, loose stools, constipation. Even 'normal' people get this I don't think it's always anxiety I think it's just a normal variation of being a human.

DaveCH
30-07-16, 12:01
No I don't believe that is standard procedure. He has had IBS for years though. It doesn't have to be painful to be IBS. I know loads of people who have it. My daughter also gets these noises it's nothing to worry about.

I also get them too but I have anxiety. I've noticed I also feel hungry sometimes even when I've recently had a meal! It's a nightmare as I don't want to eat more but hate that feeling.

The main reason I mentioned people getting it even when they don't have anxiety is because when you have anxiety, it seems all your symptoms are attributed to anxiety when they can be normal even for people without. This includes twitching, tiredness, palpitations, loose stools, constipation. Even 'normal' people get this I don't think it's always anxiety I think it's just a normal variation of being a human.

Thanks I spoke to my wife about bowel cancer fears and she told me I was rediculous lol. I only really notice it sometimes after my evening meal and the worst in lying in bed in complete silence especially in the morning time I dread going to bed because of it

KeeKee
30-07-16, 12:16
I wonder if it could be indigestion or something? Or maybe even just regular digestion and maybe you've never noticed it before? Either way I would never think of Bowel Cancer as stomach noises are so common.

DaveCH
30-07-16, 12:30
I wonder if it could be indigestion or something? Or maybe even just regular digestion and maybe you've never noticed it before? Either way I would never think of Bowel Cancer as stomach noises are so common.

As my wife said if it was serious it would be all the time. Doesn't happen after my breakfast or lunch or at work or at the gym just mainly when I'm sitting relaxing or in bed so I think she is right it would be all the time if it was bad and I was on holiday last week doing lots of mountain biking and playing golf etc with the kids and it was a lot better plus I feel great and training 5 times a week at the gym

KeeKee
30-07-16, 13:26
As my wife said if it was serious it would be all the time.

Definitely. It wouldn't come and go. My partner has had the bowel cancer worry before but it was just a sweeping thought in the way that having palpitations would make some people think they were having a heart attack, but then normal people would just forget about it. Us with health anxiety tend to dwell more.