PDA

View Full Version : Ear/Jaw/Throat? Freaking out and i'm overseas

Kayla1992
31-07-16, 08:50
I am from Australia and currently in Berlin for a short study course however for the past couple of weeks I have been feeling a funny feeling in my throat sort of coming from under my jaw. It sort of feels like muscle tension but doesn't at the same time. I have been worried about finding a lump there so I have been avoiding touching the area. When I do have a quick feel though I cant feel anything.

This morning though I was wondering if it is my jaw and as I was opening my jaw wide, it was making a funny wooshing noise in my ear as I did it. The noise is only there when I open my jaw wide. It feels funny.

Sometimes it feels like my the back side of my tongue is also effected.

I am so scared that there might be something wrong like a tumor...
I have also been having an ache at the back base of my head and sometimes I get a tingling sort of nerve feeling on the right side of my face.

As I am not home in Australia again for another 2 weeks, I am freaking out about it :(

spacebunnyx
31-07-16, 09:05
That whooshing is your eustacian tube opening. It's a normal reaction when you open your mouth wide. You can get clicks or popping or whooshing. Shows everything is working as it should.

Xxx

LilGsMama
01-08-16, 16:45
Hi :) I had the weirdest ear/throat things going on over Xmas.. I seriously thought that I had something absolutely devastating.. turns out I had a simple virus which was made 100 times worse by the anxiety I was going through. I was totally obsessed with every sensation, ear clicks, popping, head clicks, nose and ear sensations.. You name it, I panicked over it!

Spacebunnny is right.. try and relax (not easy I know)! x