PDA

View Full Version : Itchy growth on back - getting worried :-(

BrokenGirl
31-07-16, 11:07
Hi guys

I'm hoping for some reassurance here before I go running off googling this.

I felt an itch on my back yesterday so I scratched it and there was a raised bump there. As it's in the middle of my back I can't see it very well so I can't really describe what it looks like.
I first noticed this lump thing about 4 years ago, it coud get quite itchy and I eventually showed it to my doctor. She looked at it and said it was nothing to worry about, she thought it might have been caused by an insect bite (which I doubt it now). Once the doctor told me it was fine I just forgot about it - until yesterday.
There's a voice in my head telling me i'm being completely unrational here. I mean I've had it for over 4 years and a doctor told me then it was fine.
Is this my HA mind going into overdrive again? It's starting to drive me crazy now, and I'm going on holiday next week and I don't want it to ruin my hols :-(
Any advice please......

Mercime
31-07-16, 11:29
It's your HA, and well done for realising it is the strongest possibility! I've got a rash of about 5 bumps on my back too. They appeared a few years ago, drove me nuts as they were hot and itchy, and they calmed down after a couple weeks.
Every so often, they reappear for no reason and drive me mad again! Worse in summer though. It's not anything serious - go enjoy your holiday x

PS. Try a plain unscented moisturisers like E45, applied thickly then rubbed in. Helps the itch x