PDA

View Full Version : SMART RECOVERY help for anyone with negative thought patterns / drug abuse

ohwell123
31-07-16, 12:50
hi ive started a new thread I hope it may be of help perhaps your worried about attending a meeting of CBT or Alcohol drug abuse, they all use the same kind of strategy

I was physcologically dependant on alcohol and benzos to cure my mental health, this is different than being an alcoholic. Smart recovery is A B C it is do with us believing other people, or things that haven't happened.. determine our behaviour!! THEY DONT we determine our behaviour her is an example ,there is different examples every second of the day so you can put this into practice right away

A for Action/activate...my daughter doesn't want to stop with me this weekend

b. Belief ? why doesn't she want to stop what have I done her moms lying it will be 10 days now when I see her stream of negative thoughts never neutral thoughts

Cconsequence of B. Anger hurt sadness negativity etc etc

D.Decision DRINK BENDER sod everyone im angry and im hurt/or you could complete your OCD ritual may have nothing to do with alcohol

but this scenario refuels itself because then when my daughter comes to me and says I love you dad I just wanted to spend a bit of time with mom

I then get fuelled with Guilt at what ive done and drink again when she goes home or I take a lorazepam to chill me out.......

if we resort back to B. Belief my mind instantly filled me with a stream of negative shit , heres the catch my daughter has actually stopped with me 4 out of 7 days for the last 3 weeks and wanted to stop with me more but my mind sort of blocked that where as if I had of took a step back and said its no biggie shes been with me constantly for 3 weeks I can then change C and D

I then wake up the morning after feeling much more postivie with no guilt form the devil on my shoulder

hope ive explained ok and you can use this even if you don't use drink or drugs everything has an action followed your belief

rgds
chris

MyNameIsTerry
01-08-16, 06:41
I've come across this before and I think it is a very useful tool. This is where I found it originally:

http://psychology.tools/abc-belief-monitoring.html