PDA

View Full Version : Another one about morning anxiety.

Shazamataz
31-07-16, 21:27
Hi Guys,

Feeling very frustrated right now. 4 weeks ago the doctor added venlafaxine to my meds as the mirtazapine had been helping for a bit but I went really backwards with anxiety through the roof again.

A week at 37.5 then 3 weeks at 75 (it's about the same as 20 citalopram).

Near the beginning of week two I started noticing improvements and a few days after that I started sleeping really well (finally) and was still waking early but able to go back to sleep again.

Until Thursday past. Waking super early, severe dry mouth, nausea, needing to pee every half hour (this goes on until lunchtime) and all those other unpleasant feelings of tingles all over that sometimes are constant or may come in surges.

I'm feeling discouraged as there was a patch where I really felt this med was starting to work. Maybe it's just a blip but I'm on day 5 of that now.

I may have a bit of a virus (winter here) as my neck, throat and ears are all feeling tight/pressured and my fatigue has been off the charts. Though it's hard to get enough sleep when you wake early feeling so bad with anxiety.

Anyone else on their meds feel its working in the early stages and then it stops? Is it likely to kick in again!

This has been going on for months for me now and I just want things to improve!

Torombolo
01-08-16, 01:31
Hello there, i really don't undesrtand how many medications are you taking right now but i know you are taking venlafaxine and that is the same med that i am having right now i am on 300 mlgs xr form for 10 weeks now , wich is the (extended release form) the best because if you miss dose you do not start having withdraw symtoms like is the case with the rapid release form, but about your questions i can tell you on my own experince i know for a fact that about the second week or so you can start feeling worst really bad and that is because the brain is starting to make changes in your brain like start to stop the reuptake of seratonina and that makes the brain to start to build more receptors and that takes some time and that is why you may feel more anxiety and about the urge to pee that is very normal on velafaxine i had it too ,, ok then i hope this info helps you
cheers

Shazamataz
01-08-16, 03:07
Thanks Torombolo,

I'm on mirtazapine and ven, I just popped in the citalopram comparison as more people are on that and ven is still only an SSRI at this dose.

I started feeling worse on day 19 on the 75 mg so I guess that's into the third week. Today, five days later I am marginally better. Still a lot of peeing from waking until lunchtime! And really exhausted. Still deciding whether to go up another dose (to 112.5) and get it over with.

It seemed to take 8 days to settle a bit on the first dose and then another 8 days on 75 and I started feeling a bit better then downhill about 10 days after that. I will stick with it!

Mines extended release as well.