PDA

View Full Version : Skin tag red and sore

ShaunRyder
01-08-16, 18:00
I have had a really small skin tag(i think it is) on my neck for round about 2 years, it has never caused me problems but last week at work I could feel something rubbing under the collar of my shirt when I got home I had a look and it was the skin tag and it was red, it is still red now. The soreness has gone a bit I think but it is still red. Has anyone else had this? Is it worth getting it checked?

Fishmanpa
01-08-16, 18:05
If it's causing irritation (and it appears it is) then it's worth getting it removed. It's apparently in a bad spot and will continue to get irritated otherwise.

I just had a mole removed under my arm for the same reasons.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
01-08-16, 19:22
I have had loads of skin tags removed from my neck. You could try putting a sticking plaster over it for a few weeks as this can sometimes shrinks them or even makes them fall off. If that does not work then your Dr surgery can remove any that are irritated. The only bit that stings is the local anaethetic they put in buts it only a couple of seconds and its over and done with.

dizzy daisy
07-11-16, 21:14
I have a few in my neck and one got rubbed on my necklace and went red and scabby then fell off. It's not come back yet and that was 6 months ago. I know lots of people who've had exactly the same problem hun xx

Catherine S
08-11-16, 00:37
I had a skin tag under my arm last year. It didn't grow very big but it wascreally painful if I snagged it on my clothes. I asked my doctor to take a look and he said it looked like it was ready to detach itself pretty soon, which it did a few days later without any pain or bleeding. I think they can freeze them or something can't they if they become too bothersome?

ISB

Elen
08-11-16, 13:03
thanks Mercime, deleted and banned