PDA

View Full Version : Artificial heat

Sparkling_Fairy
01-08-16, 23:06
Hi all,

I've been doing really well with my anxiety. Haven't had a proper attack since December and I feel calm most of the time. I still have high anxiety days, but the battle against anxiety is a slow road.

The one thing that still really bothers me is heat! This winter it didn't so much. I managed to sit inside most places where the heating was on, and while I felt warm I didn't feel uncomfortable. But at the moment, it's bad again.
However I only seem to have it with artificial heat. I visited my parents over the weekend and it was 25° in their place 'cause it was sunny outside, and while I was warm it didn't bother me. And I can be out in the sun and it won't bother me either.
But the moment I smell a heater on, I panic. And I also seem to get extreme motion sickness, which I never used to have.
But lately when I'm in a car (sometimes even while driving) but mostly as a passenger, or on a bus, I get really hot and start feeling sick. As long as I have cold air on me, I'm fine. But the minute it gets slightly warm, I get even warmer and it's awful!
I thought it might just be motion sickness, but when I walk inside somewhere and I can feel the heating is on, I instantly feel sick too.

So I guess two questions:
Anyone else suffer from heat in the car and when it's artificial, but not necessarily natural?
And can you faint from it? I know anxiety isn't supposed to hurt you. And I can put everything down to anxiety. But this one feels really physical. I feel so shaky and weak getting out of the car and I know my body is physically heating up, so I do fear I could faint from it if I can't cool down somehow.

I know that the moment I get angry, or I get worked up over something, I instantly get hot. My anxiety attacks were also me overheating and needing to go outside to cool down. So I know it was because of anxiety in the past.

I just wonder sometimes if it still is now. I did have my thyroid levels checked and a full blood count done and everything was fine. So definitely not that!

Wow, that was a longer post than I planned :P Thanks for reading!

NoPoet
05-08-16, 13:21
Hot temperatures can cause anxiety because of something to do with how it affects red blood cells. It's not dangerous or anything, it's just the summer version of SAD. You seem to be describing panic attacks which are probably being caused by your body's natural response to the warmer temperatures. It can be overcome, and don't forget a lot of people feel irritable, restless and bad tempered when the temperature is consistently hot!