PDA

View Full Version : Doctor again tomorrow... but this time for Health Anxiety

JosieLouise
01-08-16, 23:27
The last time I went to the doctor for my health anxiety was six years ago, and I was dragged along by my mother. I insisted I was there because I believed I had a lump growing on my head, she insisted she was there to convince the doctor I was ill in a very different way.

Tomorrow I'm going to finally admit my anxiety has gotten out of control again. I'm lying here thinking all sorts; mainly that by resigning myself to HA will be 'letting my guard down' to physical illness. Craziness.

Fingers crossed I don't bottle it.

Fishmanpa
02-08-16, 00:20
Good going for taking a positive step. I hope others are inspired by your courage and determination to tame the dragon.

Positive thoughts

Cesc
02-08-16, 03:28
All the best...

I have spoken to my own GP about health anxiety once over the last 15 years of suffering. That was about 4 years ago but now each time I go there it is for reassurance and always say I will mention the anxiety but never do.

Hope all goes well.

Mrschurchill
02-08-16, 17:32
Well done! I went about 3 weeks ago with my other half and broke down completely! I've been referred to speak to a psychologist. I was just not coping at all and I feel like this is my only resort at the moment.. Other than meds which I just don't want at this stage! Good luck and let us know how it goes. X