PDA

View Full Version : Nerves are back feeling anxious first day at new job

KatiePink
02-08-16, 09:31
It's my first day at my new job and this morning all my old feelings of anxiety have come back so strong. I know I want this job so I don't know why I'm feeling like this!
I've been out of work for 7 months so obviously I will feeling a tad nervous. I think it's mainly the change in routine that's throwing me.

I start at 13.30 and it's a 5 week trial, really want to make a good impression, any tips on remaining calm?

Thanks

Rohit
02-08-16, 09:37
You will do well.

Kuatir
03-08-16, 16:09
I hope the first day is going well. First day is going to be an anxious time, especially as it is really something you want. Hopefully you are keeping your anxiety in check, don't be afraid to take a step back and take a few minutes to breath properly.

Buster70
03-08-16, 22:59
Even non anxous people get nervous in a new job , it will get easier as you settle in and get familiar with the envoirment and people , it should be easy enough to do some breathing exercises without being to obvious and concentrate on sounds around you , you've done well to get this far and remember people will expect you to be a bit nervous they were once , take care .