PDA

View Full Version : Restarting advice

MardyBum
02-08-16, 12:05
I'm due to restart cit on sat... Since I've been on it before will I get the start up issues? I actually can't remember having them the first time around?

Victory2016
02-08-16, 14:18
Hi...It's hard to say as everyone is different. You may or may not get start up side effect. Keep us all updated and let us know how you are doing.

How long have you been off the Cit. Did you restart them already? What mg are you starting on?

MardyBum
02-08-16, 14:41
Thanks for the reply hun!

I've been off them about 2-3 month now and was on 30mg of cit (as well as 45mg of mirt) for around 3 years. I can't remember any start up effects last time!

They are starting me on 20mg take my first one sat night x

Mojo61
02-08-16, 15:59
You will be fine hun, we are all here to support you x

Victory2016
02-08-16, 16:37
Maybe start out with 10mg for a few days then up it to the 20mg depending on how you feel. As Mojo said we are all here to help and support you.

MardyBum
02-08-16, 16:39
Thanks my lovlies I've been on such a roller coaster with meds the past 3 month I question everything now :( so exhausted by it now! Like you say I can always take half a tablet for abit and take it slow!

Debs21uk
02-08-16, 18:09
Hi, after my carry on with dosage changes I'd always say take it slowly. My dr was trying to get me to reduce my dose, this would be her 7th attempt at fiddling with my dosage. Don't let anyone push you into doing things fast, my dr did and I'm suffering for it now. Good luck!

MardyBum
02-08-16, 18:48
Well they have messed my meds around so much recently I've lost a lot of confidence now... I'm trying to remember back when I started cit and from my posts on here can't find any massive start up side effects but I was also already in mirtazapine at the time starting to worry myself now ��

Debs21uk
02-08-16, 18:57
If it worked once then you should respond well a second time but if you don't then there are always different routes to go down. I've been on cit for years but I fear it may have lost its efficiency. Like you I've lost faith in my dr as I feel her negligence has made matters worse for me. Did they have you on different meds?

MardyBum
02-08-16, 19:15
I was on mirt and cit which he made me with draw from
The started me on sertaline 100mg straight away... Stopped then afew weeks later started me on flouxitine 20mg, was on that 3 weeks then upped to 40mg for 1 week then stopped that as I haven't been able to eat now stopped that and have to wait till sat to start cit :(

Debs21uk
02-08-16, 21:29
Wow sounds as ridiculous as my dosage woes. Usually on maintenance dose of 20mg cit, had a relapse so upped to 30mg for 1 week. Dr insisted I go up to 40mg so went up to that for 3 weeks, down to 30mg for 2 weeks, she insisted I go back up slowly so 2 weeks at 35mg then up to 40mg had same bad side effects so came back down to 35mg. Been on that just over 4 weeks and no idea whether they are working any more!

Who'd trust a doctor!

MardyBum
02-08-16, 21:36
Oh god Hun we have both been through the mill haven't we! Just had a horrible moment now and had to call a friend from an anxiety group on Facebook to calm me while my diazapine kicked in! This sucks! Also not living Drs at the movement :(

Debs21uk
02-08-16, 21:44
Yeah it's horrible, I just keep thinking "what if I have a panic attack". I've tried the so what if I do and tried to face it but my brain won't let it go!

MardyBum
03-08-16, 09:22
do you have diazapine to help you along as well? ive found it has really helped me..

Debs21uk
03-08-16, 16:37
I have been given diazepam but I'm trying not to take it too much as I don't want to get dependent on it. If I have to switch meds though I'm going to take it without worrying about it cos I think I'll need it!

MardyBum
03-08-16, 19:34
That's the stage I am at I have now been through so much I need the diazapan to help me through the change over again.. I did the others without it but I'm getting tied now with the lack of food from feeling so poorly :(

sidiam
03-08-16, 20:37
I need some help. After having more side effects than benefits from taking Lexapro for quite a long time and before that trying different meds. I am now on citalopram. I took this several years ago and seemed to do alright on it, never had any side effects. My psych.doc said to give it a try.
I seem to be over sensitive to most meds...had some bad experiences...

After going down to 5mg. Lexapro I started taking 15mg. citalopram a few days ago. I know 5mg Lexapro is the equivalent to 10mg citalopram so am taking it slowly. maintenance dose will be 20mg for me...
I feel awful, nauseous, anxiety, numb face, trembling, exhausted etc etc.
I'm going to have to stick it out but what a struggle everyday...
will it get easier?...
just wanted to write this down :weep:
hope you are all coping
take care
Sxx