PDA

View Full Version : severe pains in knee's

seabreeze
02-08-16, 15:10
Hi, has anyone had severe pains in both knee's and difficulty walking ? I suffer from health anxiety and about 2 months ago started with severe pains in both knee's but the right leg was the worse one. I could barely walk upstairs and had to drag myself using the handrail, my knee's were stiff and would not bend fully as though they were swollen. They hurt even in bed and i can not bear my knee's touching each other so it was difficult to get comfortable to sleep.
It was about 6 - 7 weeks before i could walk properly and bend my knees and when the right one settled down a bit the left one felt to get worse.
My doctor said it was a virus ! I found that hard to believe as never heard of anyone else having anything like this. Blood tests came back normal and an x ray of my right knee was normal but although i can now walk normally i still get pains in both knee's at times. I tried looking on google and came up with DVT (possible blood clot deep vein below knee) so have now scared myself. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me .