PDA

View Full Version : Waking at 5am EVERY MORNING and horrible dreams every night.

AthenaFaeyrn
02-08-16, 17:06
So this is my 2nd time around on cit, but I never had this before.. I wake up at 5am every single morning; I am tired CONSTANTLY and need a nap at usually midday which I'll sleep for an hour or two to catch up on sleep from the night before. I also have terrible, awful dreams every single night. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now and my dr is thinking of actually prescribing me a different med because she said my side-effects don't seem to be getting any better. I've been on cit (20mg only) for about 3 weeks now. I'm so sad about this because cit helped me before, but now it just seems to be causing me all of these different problems. Has anyone else here experienced this and did it go away after time?

Suziewuzie
02-08-16, 20:14
I was VERY tired all of the time when I started on Citalopram, it really affected my life. But I could never get a good nights sleep. My GP prescribed me sleeping tablets to take as and when I needed, and I took them once or twice a week to get some respite.
The vivid dreams have never faded for me & I'm on 6 months now, bu I do take them at 10pm right before I go to bed which probably doesn't help x

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Also 3 weeks is incredibly early to be thinking about changing meds, it was months for me before the side effects passed. You may not have had these side effects last time but your head might be in a different place this time around and changing meds so quickly could make you feel rotten xx