PDA

View Full Version : Tension Headache Or Brain Tumor?

BrokenAge
03-08-16, 01:57
This is probably ridiculous but I've been having very mild tension head aches on the top of my head. I mean it feels like like pressure in a certain spot on my head but it's very minor but I Google it of course and first thing that popped up was "Brain Tumors" so now I'm a but panicky. I also suspect that it could be allergies. I read they can causes pain ontop of the head and ive been havibg awful allergies lately. I've also been a but anxious today because I applied for my first job and it's a big leap in my life so I've been a little excited.

andysa
03-08-16, 03:16
Brain Tumor doesn't usually present with only headaches, if it was actually a brain tumor you would have other things going on which could not be ignored.

MyNameIsTerry
03-08-16, 06:13
Good luck with the job application, Nick! :yesyes:

Headaches must be one of the most common symptoms with anxiety. But most likely the allergies if your sinuses are stuffed up. Either way, I think you know the likelihood of a single person ever showing up on this board with an actual brain tumour will be incredibly rare.

BrokenAge
03-08-16, 10:17
I know I know but one of my friends family members was diagnosed with cancer so I'm really "on the look out" for cancer.

heyitsmeyou
03-08-16, 10:23
...Cue the guy with a brain tumour. I have no symptoms from mine, but from what my neurosurgeon tells me is that the headaches would likely be very severe. You would know something is not right. It's stress and/or your allergies.

MyNameIsTerry
03-08-16, 10:42
...Cue the guy with a brain tumour. I have no symptoms from mine, but from what my neurosurgeon tells me is that the headaches would likely be very severe. You would know something is not right. It's stress and/or your allergies.

Crikey, that's very bad news. I hope your treatment is successful and you can put such an incredibly stressful experience behind you.

Captain irrational
03-08-16, 12:15
I know next to nothing about brain tumours (I dare not Google anything about it because I know it would only set off my anxiety and add to my list of worries), but I do have an uncle who suffered a brain aneurysm a few years ago. His only symptom was an excruciating headache, more severe than a migraine and felt very different to a normal, tension/muscular headache, that's ultimately what prompted him to go to the emergency room. Thankfully they were able to treat it and he made a full recovery.

I would imagine a headache associated with a brain tumour would be a bit like that, since the mechanisms must be quite similar, large mass pressing on the brain etc.

Girl18
03-08-16, 14:13
Usually as mentioned previously, a brain tumor has other symptoms next to just a headache. Google is crazy, especially WebMd. You're fine!

lofwyr
03-08-16, 14:32
I know someone who had a brain tumor, and it went WAAAAAAY beyond headaches. I am not going to mention any symptoms here, but it was all over the place. He actually had very few headaches.

And for what it is worth, he made a full recovery and it cancer free.

heyitsmeyou
04-08-16, 08:23
Crikey, that's very bad news. I hope your treatment is successful and you can put such an incredibly stressful experience behind you.

Thanks Terry. It's very low grade and in a good area for removal (: We are just monitoring it as of now with MRIs every six months.

Username2
13-06-17, 15:12
How did you get on with this?