PDA

View Full Version : How does a swollen lymph node look like?!?!?

somethingfeelswrong
03-08-16, 16:16
Just examined my underarms and I am slightly worried about an armpit lump. How do these lumps look? It's just a slightly raised area (compared to the other armpit) right in the middle of it. Google isn't very helpful and I am now worried I might have an armpit lump.

Or could it be just the end of my bone going into my armpit? How does a normal armpit look like?

I've never really observed the shape of my armpit and I am in dire need of help. Will it look stupid if I ask the doctor if that's a lump or just my bone?

Would it be easy to notice a lump? Really freaking out now!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

NGD99
03-08-16, 16:41
A swollen lymph node is oval, maybe yours is a muscle

somethingfeelswrong
03-08-16, 16:48
It's a more raised area compared to the other armpit and i can't tell if this is normal or not. :weep: :weep:

Would it feel solid if it was a lymph node? How does a swollen lymph node look or feel? Are swollen lymph nodes hard?

NGD99
04-08-16, 05:01
They can be hard or soft, painful or painless, movable or immovable. But they are oval in all the people.

AnxietySufferer
13-08-16, 02:20
im not 100% either, all I know I have had the same thoughts and have convinced myself I have had swollen lymph nodes when really I don't even know what a swollen lymph node is.

In fact, even just feeling my lymph nodes now, I could probably convince myself.

But I know that I first had that thought over 3 yrs ago and as I said in my last post... you can't have every illness right. And since then I have probably had at least 15 other illnesses completely un related to swollen lymph nodes.

It never hurts to get it checked out but the fact that you are questioning it at all would suggest it is health anxiety.

Do you have any other symptoms?