PDA

View Full Version : Fear of frontal lobe tumour.

helenhoo
03-08-16, 18:40
I got very very very drunk the other night and regrettably had a row with my boyfriend as I thought he was flirting and I even more regrettably slapped him on the face. I've reSeaechdd brain tumours and those located in frontal lobe cause personality changes and trouble controlling emotions. I'm 99% convinced. Everyone had said, including him, that it was the alcohol and he himself has gotten into fights whilst drunk. Please help me.

Carrie8484
03-08-16, 18:52
I think you are looking for attention and it isn't helping you. But listen - The same people on here who have responded numerous times to your other threads will respond to this thread telling you the same thing - you have anxiety, not a brain tumour. So there really is no point starting new threads because you are reaching out to the same people. People want you to get help but that needs to come from you, and it starts with your Dr's appointment on Thursday. And you don't need to use the yellow exclamation icons in your posts either, as it is not an emergency.

helenhoo
03-08-16, 19:23
Sorry Carrie. I feel ashamed of what I did and so scared that it'll happen again (I don't usually get so drunk/I thought he was cheating) and I'm scared incase it's a Tumor.

Carrie8484
03-08-16, 19:29
Alcohol will make your mood and anxiety worse. Much much worse.
Lay off the drink until you've got a grasp on your mental health.

Mercime
03-08-16, 19:36
Your appt is tomorrow afternoon, I'm sure we'd like to find out how you get on.

Fishmanpa
03-08-16, 19:37
Reb,

Just saying it's not a brain tumor (which it isn't) isn't going to help you. This is best discussed with your doctor tomorrow evening at 5:30 (it's great that the doctor has evening hours!). You should print out the thread about this from AZ as well as others to show the doctor the severity of your condition.

Let us all know what the doctor said and will be doing to help you with your anxiety. Good for you for taking that step!

Positive thoughts

Gary A
03-08-16, 19:57
Why don't you google personality changes associated with being drunk?

Or is that just too sensible and not nearly hysterical enough?

Fishmanpa
03-08-16, 20:07
Why don't you google personality changes associated with being drunk?

Or is that just too sensible and not nearly hysterical enough?

Here ya go! Alcohol and personality change (http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa38.htm) One of MANY!

Positive thoughts