PDA

View Full Version : Relationship

Lost all hope
03-08-16, 20:47
Hi I just wanted to know what u all think really iv been in a relationship for 10 years an the past couple of years his family have started rumours about me an he doesn't stick up for me just says ignore them our relationship has come to an end I think? I love him but don't know if I'm in love with him we have two beautiful kids together just don't know what to do? Please help thanks

Buster70
03-08-16, 22:51
Hi , families can be such a pain in the Arse , mine and my partners have caused us so much grief to a point where my partner had a heart attack , you both need to sit and have a talk nobody likes standing up to their own family it's so hard I've been guilty of it myself , imagine your life without them would it be better or worse ten years and two kids is a lot to give up on without trying to sort it out , shame you can't choose your bloody family , take care .

Chocolateface
03-08-16, 22:55
Hi

Can you not say something to them, it is hard to speak up to your family but sometimes it is best for everyone.

Hope you get it sorted

Lost all hope
04-08-16, 07:24
Hi thanks for replying iv told him to say something to them all he says is what's the point they don't listen, I don't know if it's the anxiety that's making me feel like this or if I actually feel like leaving? 10 years an 2 kids is a lot to just give up on! I wish we could pick our families lol

KeeKee
04-08-16, 17:47
Lost all hope, I've been with my partner a decade too and feel like he doesn't take my side with anything. His family wouldn't dare say anything to me mind, but my family would and have in the past and he has said nothing.

I don't think he doesn't care, I think he just finds it intimidating. Could your partner not be intimidated by his family?

Sometimes when our relationships aren't ideal, we do contemplate whether we can carry on or whether it would be best to end it. I would say do what you feel is best but try not to end things on a whim as you may live to regret it.

I honestly couldn't put up with negativity and personally I'd tell him if his family don't stop that I'll stop visiting them.