PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about daughter :(

PrincessPanic89
04-08-16, 00:16
My 8 year old daughter is going away with her dad for two weeks. It's the longest I've ever been without her. She left this afternoon and I miss her already and it's naturally making me really sad. However, not so naturally, I am having a lot of anxiety. I keep thinking something is going to happen to her while she's away. I keep picturing horrible scenarios. It's really upsetting me :( I know that she's with her dad and his family and she'll be safe but then I keep thinking what about accidents? Car accidents, freak accidents, that kind of thing. I'm going away abroad on Sunday for just over a week (kind of a way to take my mind off missing her) and it's making me even more anxious because what if something does happen and I'm not there? Not even in the same country? (She's going on holiday in the UK) I have been having the anxiety for at least a week and now I keep thinking back to all the times I've told her off recently or not spent enough time with her and getting upset in case something happens to her. I know it's normal to be a bit anxious but not this anxious. I just can't stop worrying and I don't know how to stop. She's my best little pal in the whole world and I don't know what I would do if something happened to her. I realise this all sounds ridiculous because she'll probably be completely fine but there's just that horrible niggling voice at the back of my mind that's saying "but what if she's not?" :(