PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I losing it with foot twitching

andysa
04-08-16, 02:55
Backgroud : 38 male relatively healthy, been suffering with HA for about a 1 year seriously. About two months ago, I got a twitching in my right leg which lasted a couple of seconds then switched sided and continued maybe a couple of times a day for about a week, then I started getting twitches in my left shoulder which lasted a couple of weeks, then a bit in the back above the knees and now for the past three weeks the arch of my left foot which is almost continuous, I sometimes get them on my right arch but pretty much 24/7 on my left. I also get random twitches around my body. I have been to the GP and he has done my reflexes and strength test and all looks normal but I literally can't stop myself from panicking about MND/Als

Captain irrational
04-08-16, 13:28
Very common, especially among us health anxiety suffers. I also get twitches quite often, have done all my life, the calves are the most common spot for me, but I can get them all over the place. I can also say for certain that my twitching gets worse and more frequent, the more I pay attention to it. The key is to try and accept it and forget about it.

You certainly don't need to worry about ALS, the signs and symptoms of that illness go far beyond twitching muscles and your doctor would have picked up on them, so get it out of your head.

KeeKee
04-08-16, 13:31
I too get a lot of twitching. It calmed down massively but is back again now. My most common places are calves, Upper thighs/bum and mid back. Very common with anxiety and stress.

countrygirl
05-08-16, 11:32
I have been twitching for over 30 years! I rarely have more than a few months were I don't twitch somewhere. My face is the most common forllowed by my legs. sometimes the twitches are so bad that everyone can see them.
I have had endless neuro tests over this time including brain mri's and nothing neuro has ever shown up.
One cause can be from irritation of the spinal nerves so if you have at same time as the twitches got a bit of a bad back then thats your cause but 99% of the time its anxiety hormones.
As for ALS twitching is one of the last symptoms to appear so you would have many other severe symptoms before you twitched.