PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to give up

Polar Bear
04-08-16, 09:20
I'm struggling to try to keep going. Nothing changes. No enjoyment in anything. I have no confidence. everything stresses me including stupid little things like some parking issues outside my house. I have this niggling anxious feeling all the time and as we all know it's so wearing. I feel tired all the time and I'm not getting any younger so physically it's taking its toll.

I just feel a mess and a poor excuse for a man.

Don't really know what I'm expecting anyone to say but just feeling something has to change. I function, I can get out and about but it's so hard I'm worn out trying. Hate myself and what I've become but can't remember when I didn't feel like this.

I'm driving myself crazy and I'm convinced that my anxiety as turned into some form of depression. As I say I can get out and about. I struggle with people sometimes and hate meeting new people nowadays. Also struggle in this modern world. Everything gets to me, I'm so negative all the time

Counselling has helped me in the past and I think I need to go back to that. I know I have to somehow become something different to what I have become. I hate feeling like this all the time.

Can anyone else relate to this?

MidnightRunner
04-08-16, 14:34
Yes I can relate 100%.

Being an anxiety sufferer I tend to watch the world more than I participate and I've noticed people just seem to get on with it, bad things happen but they just deal with it. And when they seem happy it's genuine happiness (although of course everyone has issues behind closed doors).

My negative attitude had got worse. Summer will soon be over and we'll be plunged into darkness for most of the day, but I am trying to be positive by giving myself things to achieve and look forward to.

Most things get to me also. I am trying to cut out the news as I take on board everything. They need to broadcast a happy 24 hour news channel!

Polar Bear
05-08-16, 13:23
Thanks Jamie. Yes a Happy 24 Hour News Channel would be good! We sound very similar as bad news and the ways of the world certainly get to me.

I've been reading a book called The Compassionate Mind by Paul Gilbert (a professor in Derby). Lots of exercise in there that I want to try to do. It's very much into trying to be kind to others and especially yourself. I'm not good at that last bit.

I'm having a better day today. Yesterday was awful.