PDA

View Full Version : mri results so scared

tiredofthis14
04-08-16, 11:51
so i was recently in hospital for a week had a ct scan came back clear then had mri ( head) they told me nothing shown sent me home....my gp recieves letter saying they found a diffuse haemangioma in my skull bone! i do have a birthmark on forehead so im presuming it related but im terrified what exactly this is! i have contacted the hospital since discharge but they wont help me iv tried googling it but not much comes up im terrified still got constant headaches and feel sick :(

dizzy daisy
04-08-16, 12:27
I don't think it's anything to worry about as they often refer to as strawberry marks if can be seen from the surface of the skin. It's basically a collection of blood vessels that's all. Diffuse just refers to the size. Has your GP asked to see you about this? Is your birth mark red? If so it may well be related xxx

Fishmanpa
04-08-16, 12:36
Not much comes up because there's not much to it ;) It's a just a benign growth of some extra blood vessels that you've had since birth. Discuss it with your GP. The headaches and sick feeling are due to your anxiety, not this thing you've had all your life.

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
04-08-16, 13:11
i have a port wine mark on my forehead since birth its quite large
the report says the abnormality was shown to the stroke consultant then refered to kings acute neuro team who have requested an appointment but doesnt say when
my gp doesnt know because he said he didnt see scan results from what i googled it says benign tumour?
im so scared mainly because i have no idea what any of it means :S

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

all my gp said was it wasnt effecting brain was in skull bone