PDA

View Full Version : I think anxiety gets worse with age.

cjemc
04-08-16, 12:02
Hi everyone, I think anxiety gets worse with age, I think it's the pressures that aren't present when you are child/youth that increase the anxiety.

What do you lot reckon?
Mine is definitely getting worse with age.
Does anyone agree or agree to differ?

tp821634
04-08-16, 12:04
Anxiety is self perpetuating from what i can tell and understand, So over time will get worse unless you can get control of it.

I'm not sure age really maters, time is what causes it to get worse. So does follow it will get worse with age if you don;t get to grips with it.

if that makes any sense.

cjemc
04-08-16, 12:06
Anxiety is self perpetuating from what i can tell and understand, So over time will get worse unless you can get control of it.

I'm not sure age really maters, time is what causes it to get worse. So does follow it will get worse with age if you don;t get to grips with it.

if that makes any sense.

I think I understand.
How bad was/is your anxiety?

tp821634
04-08-16, 12:20
I think I understand.
How bad was/is your anxiety?

Mine started out pretty minor. It's is anxiety around not having access to a loo (stems back from when i had food poisoning and didnt get to a loo many years ago). That started out as a more physical no access (eg in the car) and got to the point where even when i did have access but put pressure on myself to do something at a certain time at home.

It developed from just being uncomfortable going to things (petrolhead so used to go to car shows) and gradualy developed to the point of i stopped doing pretty much anything social and even getting to work was an issue and i would get so wound up i got IBS attacks and did have a physical reaction

I started writing a blog about it and goes into more detail than that,

http://coping-with-the-world.blogspot.co.uk/

I have turned a corner though, instead of every day being a struggle im now at the stage where odd days i can get to and from work with only a minor flutter. In fact this week is the best week i have had with it in what i would guess is a couple of years.

I have a ways to go yet, but i do think i have started to make progress.