PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Feeling Hungry

darkwater12
05-08-16, 02:28
I don't know if this is a common symptom among people with anxiety. But since I've started to have a serious issue with anxiety my eating habits have been awful. Because I've been dealings with a lot of nausea, there are days I barely can eat crackers, but others where I've been fine. Lately no matter much I eat I always feel hungry, and because of that I always start getting panicky that I'm "starving", which is absurd of course. I've gone 12 hours without eating for blood test so logically I know you can't starve in a few hours.

Has anyone had this problem?

Noivous
05-08-16, 02:33
At the height of my anxiety I was the opposite. I had to force myself to eat. But extreme anxiety/panic can burn a lot of calories fast. I lost 15 pounds in a week. I actually think being hungry you are better off. At least you're eating.

N.

misslove
05-08-16, 14:32
First remember if you don't eat for a certain amount of time your blood sugar will drop and that will make you feel shaky and nauseous. Second, anxiety will make you hungry! I have a hard time eating during high anxiety times, ESPECIALLY if we are at an event in public. I hardly eat, but once I'm in my comfort zone back at home or in the car I eat like crazy. Point is you don't really "have" to eat 3 meals a day to survive. But you will feel much better if you make it a habit of eating right and enough.

InfiniteJ
10-08-16, 20:15
Anxiety can certainly cause an increase in appetite, as well as the opposite; some people battling anxiety go through bouts of both, depending on the situation and how stressed they are at that particular moment.

Ditapage
15-08-16, 06:35
You certainly won't starve.

Sounds like you are using eating as a coping mechanism. The anxiety is pacified by food. It becomes a habit. You probably don't feel as anxious when youre occupied by chewing. It's just your body's go-to distraction.

Fella123
15-08-16, 08:31
I found I put weight on. Food is definitely a go to crutch for so many sufferers.