PDA

View Full Version : joined the gym

pinkscrumpy
21-03-07, 16:28
Hi all

Haven't posted in a very long time but am getting a little scared:ohmy:

I Joined my local gym and on Monday had my induction.

I went this morning and did just ten mins on the treadmill, stretches then half hour of pilates as well as walking there and back.

The only problem is that since being home I am feeling very shaky inside my body (no visual shakes on the outside) and feel sick.

This is putting me off of going again.

Will this feeling pass and is it because I am so unfit. I have done no excessive exercise http://rlr.qersys.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sad.gif for about 10 years and am about 6 stone over weight.

Looking forward to your speedy reply.

regards

mandie

Piglet
21-03-07, 17:35
Mand - whenever we haven't done exercise in yonks we need to approach it GENTLY!!!

I feel like you describe though if I try and exercise on an empty tank so bear that in mind too the next time.

Don't let this put you off though just go at it really gently.

Do you remember when I got my mini trampolene, even 2 mins jogging on there stressed me out and that's all I could do. Now I can do 25 mins so it pays to build up slowly.

Love Piglet

domino
21-03-07, 17:57
Take it easy, small steps BIG rewards,build it up gently, well done for your efforts so far.:yesyes:

jo61
21-03-07, 18:24
Take it slowly. that's my advice. I'm totally unfit but have started to walk the dogs and do some yoga at the gym.

Quirky
21-03-07, 19:42
Hi Twinny :hugs:

Well done for getting to the gym in the first place mate. I can understand how scared you feel but if you build up slowly you will be ok.

However if you still suffer from M.E (I'm assuming you do but you must be doing alot better than when we last spoke if you're able to go to the gym :D ) then the shaky feelings will be caused from that too, as that's a classic sign of overdoing it for the ME. So if you do still have ME then take the exercise programme even more slowly than anyone else might.

Take care and here if you need a natter anytime.

Been missing you lots :flowers:

Lisa x

Quirky
21-03-07, 19:50
Oops just realised I have posted in this thread and it's one that RLR is meant to reply too, sorry mods. It's just that I look through the list of active posts since I last visited and don't often notice what area the thread is in before replying, I just post if I see a title I can respond too or in this case I saw it was my mate Mandie.

Lisa x

Piglet
21-03-07, 21:57
Oops I've done the same too.

So sorry - is there anyway this section could be in red to alert us!!:blush:

Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
21-03-07, 23:01
I have moved the thread as I don't think RLR needed to respond personally to this one.

The other advice has been great.

Piglet - that is on Alex's list of things to do as well.