PDA

View Full Version : ADD or Bipolar

BrokenAge
05-08-16, 10:57
I know this is my health anxious mind but I always worry about something being worse than it is but I was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 12 I'd say. Now I recently read something about bipolar and mania. I started to see the similarities between the two. I sometimes have moments of high energy where I'm really hyper but they're really brief and it's not followed by depression. So I'm honestly just here for reassurance and some opinions. My health anxiety tends to make me worry for the worst.

MyNameIsTerry
05-08-16, 11:36
I went down this bipolar route myself a few years ago because my anxiety includes periods of slight mania. I gave up on it in the end when I backtracked this problem to starting the current med I'm on.

I still get it now. I become more obsessive but in a positive way and want to do a lot more. I could easily stay up and not go to sleep with it but I know I have to.

Maybe with mania it is that it's not so recognisable to the person? The same with the depression element in that it's very consuming?

Anxiety is a complex thing in that it often feels like it is mirroring something else. I know now they mood disorders are much more complex than I thought when I started looking into bipolar rather than the bipolar I & II stuff I read back then.