PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to distract yourself from AnXiEtY?

misslove
05-08-16, 14:46
I have recently noticed that when I have long periods of anxiety I add to our family. Right now it's myself, my husband, a dog, 4 cats and a Hampster! People think we are crazy but we love them all!!!! We are very shallow when it comes to cats. We have 3 all gray ones and a tortie that I had before I even met my hubs. I also love coloring after a long day. Sometime a nice fire in our yard is peaceful. My cat, the tortie, will actually cuddle with me when I have an anxiety attack. I've had her for 9 years so we are very intune with eachother. My husband says that she is me in cat form :) no offense taken lol. Just decided I would start a thread to maybe give some new members ideas on how to deal with their stresses. Hope we can help someone!!

Beckybecks
05-08-16, 17:57
Walking, online scrabble, crosswords, good books, charity work or just being there for other people when they're in need.

brucealmighty
05-08-16, 18:57
being outside in nature is always good, spotting shapes in clouds, lovely smells, flowers you can`t name, it all helps widen your view of things

misslove
06-08-16, 03:45
I have noticed that if I smile more to strangers, especially elderly, I feel better. Not so much good deeds but just trying to get others to be happy even if it's for a second :)