PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Losethecloud
05-08-16, 19:00
I've been taking 20mg citalopram successfully for many years but increased gradually to 30 mg on doctors orders by taking 25mg (breaking 10mg in half) but now I've had three days on 30 mg. I'm feeling tired, can't sleep, gut disturbances and aches in lower abdomen. Can anyone remind me how long this takes to settle when increasing. It's a while since I increased and I can't remember how I felt.

Thanks everyone

Victory2016
05-08-16, 21:41
Hi glad to hear the cit has been successful for you. It can take anywhere from 1-3 months for the increase to kick in fully, but you should begin to gradually feel better during the 1+ months. All the symptoms you are experiencing are normal with increasing your dose..

Keep us updated on how you are felling. I hope increase works for you :D

sidiam
06-08-16, 10:41
I've started citalopram again after trying several other meds. which didn't help the depression/anxiety. I took it several years ago and it seemed to work ok. Worrying now that I have maybe changed and that it will be another waste of time.
hope things are ok with you,
take care

Losethecloud
08-08-16, 13:46
Sidiam please stick with it. I'm sure you will see good results in the end. These meds always make you much worse in the beginning and tend to show no positive outcome for a couple of months, sometimes longer. It's hard to feel positive when you feel awful but try to keep going.

Good luck ck

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Thank you victory for your reply. Had a good day yesterday (day 5 of increase) but today on day 6 I feel yucky again. Poorly gut, foggy head, tired, no energy and a bit weepy. I know it's the worst bit but it's so hard at the beginning.