PDA

View Full Version : Another case of Lymph node panic!

JosieLouise
05-08-16, 19:58
So about an hour ago I noticed a tiny bump behind my ear. I wondered if it's a spot, but since my most feared illness tends to be lymphoma, I of course proceeded to prod and poke away. I've touched it maybe 50 times since then and it's definitely gotten bigger. I've heard nodes get bigger when manipulated... But I actually can't stop touching it :( I know I need to stop and relax but I just can't :(

Fishmanpa
05-08-16, 20:03
I've heard nodes get bigger when manipulated..

That's fact! Nodes are reactive and they'll react to poking and prodding. One "tiny" node is not indicative of anything serious at all. As far as stopping the poking and prodding? Unless you want to wear one of the cones they put on dogs and cats to keep them from scratching, it's good 'ol willpower! :)

Positive thoughts

saf138
05-08-16, 20:22
I too had 2 lined up tiny lymph nodes with a 3rd one being bigger and very squishy at the back of my neck which scared the hell out of me so I went and had em checked out and they were nothing to be Concerned about and Fishmanpa is absolutely spot on do not prod and poke at em it could enlarge them or in my case where I was waking up in the middle of the night to prod at them cause them to be painful and tender.

JosieLouise
05-08-16, 22:04
Thank you so much for the quick replies. I've been putting a hot wet cloth on it and it seems to have shrunk somewhat, but I'm not entirely convinced as my HA tends to cloud my judgement. I've managed to go half an hour without touching but the horrendously strong compulsion is almost as upsetting as the node itself.