PDA

View Full Version : Lechery in the workplace

Justinian
05-08-16, 20:37
Is it acceptable if there are no (other) witnesses?

Pipkin
05-08-16, 22:22

Justin,

Witness to what? A panic attack? Just guessing because of the category you've posted under.

Pip

MRS STRESS ED
05-08-16, 22:44

You will have to give abit more imformation about this cant answer otherwise x

MyNameIsTerry
05-08-16, 23:02
If the subject of lecherous behaviour takes offence, or anyone else, or if a boss sees it, you can find yourself on the end of a Disciplinary for sexual harassment. It's all in your company handbook, t&c's, etc and don't forget the law too.

Whether it is acceptable otherwise depends on who you are and the extent of it. Many people do it, but doing it in your head can be different to voicing it aside from making it obvious.

Justinian
06-08-16, 17:44
Justin,

Witness to what? A panic attack? Just guessing because of the category you've posted under.

Pip

Yes, yes, I was panicking. Panic overwhelmed me and I couldn't get the whelm back down to an acceptable level for many minutes.

Pipkin
06-08-16, 18:36
Yes, yes, I was panicking. Panic overwhelmed me and I couldn't get the whelm back down to an acceptable level for many minutes.

And how can members help? That's what we're all here for.

Pip

Justinian
06-08-16, 18:56
And how can members help? That's what we're all here for.

Pip

You can help my whelm reach normal levels (again) just with some kind and supportive words.

Pipkin
06-08-16, 19:13
You can help my whelm reach normal levels (again) just with some kind and supportive words.

We're all here because we suffer from anxiety in one form or another. I've had to deal with this for the best part of 40 years and I know how hard it can be. We're members because we need help and can also offer support to others when we need it. We may not understand your exact situation but we'll try our best to help.

Remember that you've got through it before and you will again. Work with your doctor, carry on your agreed treatment be it talking therapy or meds and let people help you.

We all present a front which helps us to cope but there are times when the best thing is to let our guard down and listen to people who are trying to help.

Hope that helps

Pip

Fishmanpa
06-08-16, 19:16
It took a few before I realized you were talking about having a panic attack at work. What does lechery have to do with that?

Many people have posted about having panic or anxiety attacks at their place of employment. I'm sorry it happened to you. Hope you're feeling better now.

Positive thoughts

Justinian
06-08-16, 20:03
It took a few before I realized you were talking about having a panic attack at work. What does lechery have to do with that?

Many people have posted about having panic or anxiety attacks at their place of employment. I'm sorry it happened to you. Hope you're feeling better now.

Positive thoughts

I'm being chased by a cougar at work. She just wants my body. She's quite hot, but the whole situation makes me anxious.

Fishmanpa
06-08-16, 20:08
Perhaps a coherent post explaining your situation would yield the support you seek but then again, often you write in riddles and obscure imagery and it actually seems like you're rather smitten of the fact you're being pursued despite your claim of it making you anxious as evidenced in your other thread.

I don't know what to make of your posts tbh. There's a rather underlying disturbing element to them...

I hope you find what you're seeking...

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
07-08-16, 05:59
The other thread, and Adam's comments, are a good thing to consider when it comes to posting style. Certain types of Thought Disorders often manifest this way too.

Back to the subject though. As far as work goes, men & women are bound by the same codes of conduct. If you are uncomfortable with her behaviour, tell her. If she won't stop it, you have the option of a grievance to your line manager on the basis of sexual harassment.

However, lets remember we don't live in that fluffy PC world a lot of people seem to think. Your line manager has to take it seriously and be professional but there is that element of "she's a cougar and empowering herself" whereas reversing the roles becomes "he's a dirty old pervert".

pulisa
07-08-16, 08:32
Bound to be quite a few cougars at the FCO, particularly now that Boris is Head Honcho.. Doesn't make it any easier for you though.

Maybe you could offer to show her your Spam tin collection?

flipp
07-08-16, 09:48
I'm being chased by a cougar at work. She just wants my body. She's quite hot, but the whole situation makes me anxious.

You must be a bit of a spunk,can you post a pic I am single and ready too mingle.:winks.

pulisa
07-08-16, 11:04
Blimey, Justinian...You may well have met your match here....This lady eats Spam tins for breakfast!:D

flipp
07-08-16, 11:15
Ha!Ha! Ha!...Good one pulisa:D.(I wouldn't give that shit to my dogs let alone the rug rats):D.

pulisa
07-08-16, 11:29
God knows what it's made up of..probably rat and pigeon meat..

I'll await Justinian's response to your open invitation with anticipation.. Could be the start of a beautiful forum relationship?

flipp
07-08-16, 11:40
I think you will be waiting awhile...I'm worried about his halitosis.:scared15:

MyNameIsTerry
07-08-16, 12:05
I've eaten spam a few times. I can't say I felt the need to have a slash in the tin though, I just threw it in the recycle. :winks:

flipp
07-08-16, 12:14
A slash is that the same as a piss Terry?,my hubby use'd to say he was going for a slash.:weep:

MyNameIsTerry
07-08-16, 12:41
Yeah, Karina. It is.

Sorry for the reminder :hugs::flowers:

Justinian
07-08-16, 13:09
You must be a bit of a spunk,can you post a pic I am single and ready too mingle.:winks.

Yes, I suppose I am. But I am not easy. You'll have to wine and dine me first...

pulisa
07-08-16, 13:23
On Spam?

Get in there, Karina!

Justinian
09-08-16, 22:42
Feeling mentally unwell tonight.

SadieJ
09-08-16, 22:51
I've been in this situation in the past and didn't have anybody to 'report' it to as the person in question was the owner of the academy where I was working at the time.
I didn't want to give up what I had there for the sake of all those who attended but it got so serious that I had no other option, looking back there were things I could have done to address what was happening but I was young and just wanted out of there.

You've posted quite a few times about this is it the same person?

flipp
10-08-16, 05:24
On Spam?

Get in there, Karina!

I think I 'll take a pass on that one. I do have Some class.:D.

pulisa
11-08-16, 08:35
Of course you do :D

Justinian
11-08-16, 23:15
I've been in this situation in the past and didn't have anybody to 'report' it to as the person in question was the owner of the academy where I was working at the time.
I didn't want to give up what I had there for the sake of all those who attended but it got so serious that I had no other option, looking back there were things I could have done to address what was happening but I was young and just wanted out of there.

You've posted quite a few times about this is it the same person?

Two or three are besotted with me. I can't blame them.

SadieJ
11-08-16, 23:20
Two or three are besotted with me. I can't blame them.

How are you feeling today?

flipp
12-08-16, 06:59
Feeling mentally unwell tonight.

Hoping you are feeling mentally well today x:)

Justinian
13-08-16, 17:53
Hit my head I wanna drown my sorrow. No tomorrow, no tomorrow...

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

How are you feeling today?

I'm feeling a little queer. (That's a Ricky Gervais/David Brent joke). Oh no, he said he'd "never come over a little queer". The joke is basically the same, though. My version just implies fondling whereas the Gervais/Brent one alludes to ejaculation.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

I hope that answers your question.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

When do I get banned?

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

PS: Taking an overdose tonight, anyway. Bon appétit!

KatiePink
13-08-16, 18:08
You really shouldn't joke about that. :weep:

Justinian
13-08-16, 18:18
About what? Who says I'm joking?

Hmm... my ex is Katie.

Pipkin
13-08-16, 18:23
Hit my head I wanna drown my sorrow. No tomorrow, no tomorrow...

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

I'm feeling a little queer. (That's a Ricky Gervais/David Brent joke). Oh no, he said he'd "never come over a little queer". The joke is basically the same, though. My version just implies fondling whereas the Gervais/Brent one alludes to ejaculation.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

I hope that answers your question.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

When do I get banned?

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

PS: Taking an overdose tonight, anyway. Bon appétit!

I'm closing this thread as I can't see how NMP members are able to contribute and help you. Also, such posts breach NMP rules due to direct suicide references.

You have posted similar things before so I am unsure if you mean it or if you want to provoke a reaction from members. If you are considering taking an overdose, I urge you to speak to some friends or contact the Samaritans or A&E immediately. If you are trying to illicit a reaction here to get members to support you, please say so and we will try our best to help.

Take care

Pip