PDA

View Full Version : Food stuck in throat/afraid to choke?

Loken11
06-08-16, 03:46
Hi everyone!

Anyone else feel like sometimes when you're eating, the food gets stuck in your throat? I could swear sometimes a piece of food will be stuck in my throat and I'll have to stop eating because I get so anxious about it. I am freaked about choking. This is new, never had this before :WTF:

misslove
06-08-16, 03:49
My husband has this fear. I'm afraid I don't have any advice, just wanted you to know your not alone.

Loken11
06-08-16, 03:51
My husband has this fear. I'm afraid I don't have any advice, just wanted you to know your not alone.

I appreciate your reply thank you. I feel for your husband, it's really disruptive to daily life!

countrygirl
06-08-16, 13:23
I went through this a few years ago. Whenever I ate things like bread I had to keep drinking as itfelt as if it was getting stuck. I was really worried for weeks and eventually begged for an endoscopy because I have haitus hernia and was convinced I had barratts oesphagus. Nope everything was fine and the sensation went away once I knew all was fine.
What I think happened with me was that I ate some very dense stodgy bread that did get stuck one day and I needed to drink to move it and then that set me off everytime I ate.