PDA

View Full Version : Weird request but can you try something for me to check that I'm not going crazy?

Jordan85
06-08-16, 17:49
For the last 3 weeks I've been experiencing a strange noise in my left ear lasting half a second AFTER I rub EITHER ear.

I'd describe it as crumpling paper or more accurately the sound of rubbing your hand gently across a foam microphone.

It seems to be getting better, I've been taking ear drops for the last 4 days (the pack says don't go beyond 4 days which is frustrating because I am starting to notice some sorry if improvement). So previously 9 times out of 10 rubbing my ear canal would produce the after effect. Now it's about 4 in 10 although I can't remember what normality sounds like.

I don't want to waste the doctors time with an appointment if this is nothing I should be worrying about, basically I want to know is this normal? It causes no pain, no discomfort, no reduction in hearing no balance issues just a new symptom.

Can you describe if you hear any sound after rubbing your ear canal with your finger? Is there any reaction in your left if you do it with your right? Or does nothing happen?

Sorry for the random request.

Fishmanpa
06-08-16, 17:57
That's not a symptom of anything nor even a symptom! It's normal body noise.

Positive thoughts

Jordan85
06-08-16, 20:16
Thanks for the calming words, this is the calmest I've been in the last 3 weeks.

I guess the bit that worries me is that it wasn't normal body noise for me as it only started happening/sounding differently recently. Do you get a similar sensation?

Fishmanpa
06-08-16, 20:19
Thanks for the calming words, this is the calmest I've been in the last 3 weeks.

I guess the bit that worries me is that it wasn't normal body noise for me as it only started happening/sounding differently recently. Do you get a similar sensation?

No worries... Frankly I never noticed anything like that nor am I going to self test to find out but I have all sorts of weird niggly things that go on with my body. Suffice it to say, if some of the members of this board were to switch bodies with me, I'd hate to see the posts that would go up! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Mojo61
06-08-16, 22:09
Sounds like ear wax