PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in the face? Anyone??? Really worried :(

carabijoux
06-08-16, 18:44
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well.

I keep getting tingling in my face - mostly around my chin, lips and cheeks. It also feels like I have numb patches around my chin - so hard to describe.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have been taking Prozac for four weeks, and have just transitioned this week to Citalopram. I noticed the tingling before once, but it just went away. Now it's back.

I'm not even sure if this is a symptom of anxiety - but of course, I'm terrified it's something serious.

Any words of perspective SO much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

C xo

KeeKee
06-08-16, 18:45
One side effect of some antidepressants is Paraesthesia. That's exactly what it sounds like. I've experienced it in the past

carabijoux
06-08-16, 18:47
Wow thank you so much for such a fast response KeeKee!

I can't remember if I was on antidepressants when I last experienced it :( I don't think I was :(

KeeKee
06-08-16, 18:56
http://healthconcernstippo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/paresthesias-common-anxiety-physical.html?m=1

It appears to be common with anxiety too. Not very nice of course. But I would try not to worry about it

Shazamataz
06-08-16, 22:11
One side effect of some antidepressants is Paraesthesia. That's exactly what it sounds like. I've experienced it in the past

That's interesting to know. Does is usually wear off as you adjust to the meds? I'm having this pretty bad at the moment a month into venlafaxine.

KeeKee
06-08-16, 22:15
That's interesting to know. Does is usually wear off as you adjust to the meds? I'm having this pretty bad at the moment a month into venlafaxine.

Mine was pretty constant to be honest. It came and went of course, but always came back. Strangely enough once I knew what it was it never bothered me.

HopefullyEverAfter
16-08-16, 18:40
Most likely Anxiety. Sometimes my lips tingle and/or the front of my face feels like it's being compressed. Also could be a symptom of TMJ.