PDA

View Full Version : My right wrist aches

UserName20
07-08-16, 15:05
Ugh, me again. In the middle of the night I woke up and my right wrist aches quite a bit, not when I move it just this constant feeling. At work yesterday I worked 9-7 and I was scooping food with my right hand pretty much all day, but if it was from that why wouldn't it hurt when I move it? Then again sometimes my legs ache after work and so do my friends. I asked my mom, (I'm 16) and she said it's from work especially because I worked longer than usual yesterday. I want to believe her but my mind is going to a blood clot or cancer.

blackbroom
08-08-16, 21:11
I think you're unlikely to get a blood clot in your wrist - DVT tends to develop in the thicker parts of the legs and arms, where the deep veins are (the clue's in the name!).

I think your mum's right - it is the exact same part of your body you were using at work that aches, so that seems the most obvious explanation. When I pull a muscle in my back, it hurts when I sit down, not when I'm moving about, so it doesn't seem worrying to me that it doesn't hurt when you move it.

Hope you're feeling less anxious. HA is horrible.