PDA

View Full Version : Olympics Chat

swgrl09
07-08-16, 15:54
Anybody keeping up with the olympics? Thought we could start a thread for it.

Saw that poor gymnast snap his leg yesterday!!! It was gruesome! But I did rewatch the video a few times because I couldn't look away...

WARNING: GRAPHIC!
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/french-gymnast-samir-ait-said-breaks-leg-vault

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-16, 00:13
Your guys & girls are doing well. Only China is keeping pace with you.

It will all change when the more "British-centric" events come in though. For instance, we will sort you all out in the...

- 4x4 relay moaning.
- 400m queue.
- hep-tea-thon.

:yesyes:

flipp
12-08-16, 03:59
Watching the swimming,Michael Phelps just got his 22nd gold medal
All the hype around our swimmers winning lots of gold,they choked too much pressure put on them,poor buggers.

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-16, 04:54
Watching the swimming,Michael Phelps just got his 22nd gold medal
All the hype around our swimmers winning lots of gold,they choked too much pressure put on them,poor buggers.

The old training methods were the best. Russia had kettlebells, you had swimmers outrunning salties. :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 ----------

We've had it once it gets to track & field now Russia are back in. With Putin making their milkshakes we stand no chance at the women's shot put entrant...

http://www.operatorchan.org/t/src/145735151685.jpg

...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The epilators must be the kind you plug into the wall...:whistles:

flipp
12-08-16, 06:54
:roflmao:

She is one handsome woman.Maybe our swimming team should look into training with a crocodile or a bull shark.:)

swgrl09
12-08-16, 12:06
Hahaha. We did have that one swimmer, Lilly King, who just beat the Russian swimmer who had been banned until the day before for doping. It was exciting!! King called her out the day before.

I love watching swimming. It's so exciting!

flipp
12-08-16, 12:32
Me too.Gees for 31 Phelps is looking and swimming his best ever..One of our Aussie swimmers had a shot at a Chinese swimmer,never mentioned the dope word,the Chinese swimmer said he was a god.....what a F...ng idiot,he had a 2 year ban.

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-16, 23:03
I'm more track & field. There are some good indoor events though like the gymnastics, boxing, etc.

I struggle with the swimming. I think they should be made to wear shark fins with their flag on them. :D

flipp
13-08-16, 01:12
I like all the sports, I used to play tennis but since I have had this bloody anxiety I cannot stand the glare.

The gymnastics has been great,that lovely young woman from the states was brilliant.

Come on aussie come on come on....lol.:D.

KatiePink
14-08-16, 11:42
Stayed up way too late to watch Mo Farah and he delivered, what an amazing athlete and such a lovely guy his interview was very emotional! Well done to Jess Ennis and Katarina Johnson Thomson too loved the heptathlon events :D

Carrie8484
14-08-16, 12:08
Mo Farah was brilliant, taking that tumble and going to win gold like that.
I enjoyed the long jump too and thought Greg Rutherford did well to get bronze.
Missed the 800m heptathlon but glad Jess Ennis Hill got a medal, she's really talented.

pulisa
14-08-16, 13:43
With all the hype about "celebs" it's good to see some "normal" men and women achieving such great feats and thoroughly enjoying their success whether they win a medal or not. To take part in the Olympics must be so huge.

brucealmighty
14-08-16, 13:47
I loved seeing Bryony get the trampolining silver, utter joy and surprise all over her face and a real credit to herself. also one of the lady cyclists has come through injury and cancer to win gold.

or you can watch celebrity big brother. I know which reality I prefer.

MyNameIsTerry
14-08-16, 13:54
Joe Clarke won gold in the K1 canoeing. He's from my city!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

Noivous
14-08-16, 14:05
Yes hats off to Mr. Farah!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

And Mr. Clarke too!

pulisa
14-08-16, 17:40
Joe Clarke won gold in the K1 canoeing. He's from my city!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

I'm sure his secret is a diet of oatcakes!

Noivous
14-08-16, 18:09
Russia just picked up Gold in women's doubles tennis. Congrats!

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-16, 07:12
I'm sure his secret is a diet of oatcakes!

If he keeps that up they will need to wedge him into a lifeboat soon! :D

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

With all the hype about "celebs" it's good to see some "normal" men and women achieving such great feats and thoroughly enjoying their success whether they win a medal or not. To take part in the Olympics must be so huge.

I loved seeing Bryony get the trampolining silver, utter joy and surprise all over her face and a real credit to herself. also one of the lady cyclists has come through injury and cancer to win gold.

or you can watch celebrity big brother. I know which reality I prefer.

Yeah, it's great to see positive role models.

It's truly despairing that so many people look up to the Kardashian's and other reality trash stars. Everything they stand for is not working hard to achieve anything, look to the Olympians. Ignore the footballers though, it's no longer the game it was with todays pretty boys and precious princesses. :doh:

flipp
15-08-16, 10:24
I got a real buzz when Fiji won their first medal ever and it was a Gold,in the rugby, I wish our Prime Minister was like theirs what a great bloke.

And the 100m runner from Palau,he was the only athlete from his country and he made it to the semi's,just inspirational.

swgrl09
15-08-16, 22:08
I have a day off work and have been watching today, finally able to after being away for the weekend. I love gymnastics! I'll be sad when it's over.

Glad it appears the bright green water has disappeared in the pools!

flipp
16-08-16, 09:55
I watched the pole vault,bloody good and the Brazilian taking the gold was great.
I think Aus are going OK when you take in our population.

swgrl09
16-08-16, 14:26
I was amazed watching hammer toss ... unbelievable!

MyNameIsTerry
18-08-16, 04:50
I was amazed at the athleticism in... the women's beach volleyball. :whistles:

I'm all of a quiver. :winks::blush::D