PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling :(

Lexxie84
07-08-16, 19:44
Hiya all,
I'm really struggling with my anxiety at the moment. I had a major panic attack last week. I was playing my Xbox and a thought popped in my head, what about if my life isn't real, my kids, my partner all my imagination! It completely freaked me out and it still is today. I am in constant panic. I've had dp/dr since my panic attack last week but I'm aware of what that is. I just can't shake this thought. I have always had a fear of developing schizophrenia and I don't think that helps. I just wish I could convince myself that these are only thoughts. I've been trying to read up on this to see if other people has had these thoughts but that seems to make it worse. I'm a mess!

Beckybecks
07-08-16, 20:56
When we're anxious we find all sorts of things to worry about. If it's not schizophrenia it would be something else. Do yourself a favour and DONT read up about it, your mind will then happily give you all the symptoms. The more you focus on it the worse it gets so don't give it any more space.

It's really just anxiety and causes our thoughts to go all over the place. A panic attack is exhausting and when you're tired anxiety gets worse. Give yourself some rest and find something to distract you from these thoughts you're having.

Just don't do any more research on your fears.

Lexxie84
09-08-16, 00:47
Thank you for your reply! I know googling makes it worse but it's almost like a compulsion. I feel much worse today but that could be the meds I started yesterday. When I'm feeling ok I can rationalise but when I'm in panic that is impossible. Thanks again for your reply x

InfiniteJ
10-08-16, 20:12
Stop looking up info on the internet; it'll only make things worse. Do you have a therapist or a psychologist that you see see on a regular basis? If not, maybe that's a good place to start...

katyfitz
10-08-16, 22:44
Hope you are feeling slightly better.

You are certainly not alone x