PDA

View Full Version : Low blood Sugar

misslove
08-08-16, 02:53
Past few days I've been out of it. Weird shaky feeling all over. I know that I have problems with low blood sugar but I can't seem to get it back to normal. Since 5 pm I have had some spaghetti, a salad, a turkey and cheese sandwich and a banana. I'm laying in bed and just feel floaty and weird. My heart is racing and I still feel shaky.it happened last night but I managed to sleep and wake up better in the AM. Anyone have suggestions on how to get back to normal? It's only 10pm and I still feel like I could eat an entire meal!

Apple86
08-08-16, 14:12
Hi Misslove,
You say that you suffer with low blood sugar, do you have a blood glucose monitor? I ask because it strikes me that what you may have is anxiety which has been triggered by the initial low blood glucose and, whilst your glucose may have returned to normal, you are now experiencing ongoing symptoms of anxiety?

I may be completely wrong here, which is why I asked if you have a monitor, so that you can be sure that you still have low glucose.

I've had a very large panic attack before which was triggered by my legs turning to jelly due to low glucose. I, like you, ate plenty of food when I felt the initial symptom, but my anxiety remained very strong even though my glucose was restored. I then continued to worry about jelly legs for weeks afterwards, which exacerbated the problem.

How are you today?

Beckybecks
08-08-16, 14:51
I don't know if I have low blood sugar problems, but I do know that with anxiety I often have periods of feeling very shaky inside and I get jelly legs, and jelly arms too! This only happens when I'm anxious though so I've always put it down to that.

misslove
08-08-16, 18:27
I have had anxiety for many years. Never really put the two together but it is possible what you are saying Apple. I woke up feeling better today. Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

I spoke too soon. I'm very dizzy and out of it today. Like I'm in a dream. It's weird!

GadGirl
08-08-16, 19:24
The dizzy like your in a dream And floaty feeling sounds a lot like deperezonilation and Derelization, have you been under a lot of stress recently x

Apple86
08-08-16, 20:15
MissLove, this is sounding more and more like anxiety.

You said that you were feeling better today and then the dizziness returned. Did the dizziness happen to return after you'd been looking on this anxiety-related website and therefore you'd started thinking about anxiety again? The thoughts about anxiety are one of the most common anxiety triggers - I know this is what happens to me anyway.

Your symptoms sound like classic anxiety - breathe through the dizziness, don't tense up your muscles and keep your head held high. When I get dizzy I've vowed not to curl up into a ball to avoid the symptom but to stand tall and keep walking forwards (literally).

misslove
08-08-16, 21:19
I took a nap for a bit and I feel better. We did recently switch mattresses because I was having a lot of neck pain. Maybe the dizziness is from my spine adjusting to something better for me.