PDA

View Full Version : This might be of some help.

arun8989
08-08-16, 05:36
Hello Guys,

Please excuse me if my language is incorrect. English is not my first language. for the past decade or so, I have been in lot of stress, trauma, Nasty panic attack and depression. It was painful, yes "it was" These past few weeks and months have a been without symptoms. Almost feeling my old self again, What a ****ing relief !! The last health anxiety attack was the worst but luckily I found this forum in time.

Well, these are the weapons I battled these issues WITH, some of it are obvious effect of my choices in life but still I wanted to feel my old self again without compromise. ( Note, I did not use medication, I have tried them for few weeks and didn't feel good about it, but thats me ) I would encourage your to be resilient.

1. I saw a Youtube video by American Buddhist monk, saying something to the effect " No matter what degree of trouble/misery you are in,you have to think everything is and will be OK" First I didn't get that, but this non-rational approach makes so much sense now.

2. Books

a. The Worry Trick: by David A Carbonell PhD ( This book made me look at my worries especially health anxiety, totally in a different way and helped me handle it well and HEAL )

b. The body keeps the score by Bessel Van Der Kolk. ( This book made lot of sense to address my trauma like symptoms) My issues were not trauma but I believe there is a thin line and its complicated

c. Walking with the Tiger ( This book is also great for Trauma )

d. Emotional Sobriety by Tian Dayton ( It was help you to regulate emotion to some extend. )

e. PTSD WORKBOOK by william poijula.( this book helped me with exposure exercises ) which comes in handy for introspection.

3. Links

a. type in tms success stores ( For somatic / unexplained bodily pain THIS MIGHT WELL BE YOUR CURE !

b.youtube art of suffering

4. Be Patient, it took me 5 summers and winters to get hold of my nasty symptoms. I was like zombie. I was neurotic and not psychotic. resilience, with invisible whisper that everything will be OK is the key.

5. Keep a eye on general well being. smoking, drinking too much , bad company, shopping therapy, spending therapy, OCD behavior could be managed but I know how hard it can be when you head is still stuck in the cloud.

6. This is very important, exposure, thinking about your past in a unbiased way and finding out what caused your neurosis and when ?

7. Meditation, Prayer and Exercise are great supplement to the goal, I'm still doing these things but not with a guilt or submissive heart.

8. Guided meditation ( there is one on spotify for anger release which is good and muscle relaxing exercises were you really tighten your body parts on by on from feet to heat for 7 sec and release it for 14 sec and go on to the next body.

9. VERY IMPORTANT ( Close friends someone you can really open up to and call anytime ) Luckily I had a friend who himself was a mental health professional

10 bring all these in your daily routine.

Hope this was helpful to someone. You are OK, Everything will be OK.

Fishmanpa
08-08-16, 15:28
Good stuff! Awesome to hear of your recovery. Hopefully it will inspire and help others on their healing journey.

Positive thoughts

blackbroom
08-08-16, 21:16
Thank you very much for these recommendations - they're really helpful and it's inspiring to hear that you are doing well. It's really good of you to take the time to share this.