PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, not to panic!

Saltlick
08-08-16, 07:02
Hello. Im 47 and have had a long history of panick attacks and plain old anxiety. First one was when i was 13. Ive been through 30 years dealing with this, sometimes its bad other times it seems to go away. Ive collected many usefull tools in this time that sometimes works, sometimes it doesnt. Ive tried it all, from benzos to meditation and any other technique i can find including seminars, counselors, and admitting myself to a mental health facility! In the end, ive found the only thing that works for me is daily hard exercise and living in the moment (mindfullness). Im happy to have found this site.

venusbluejeans
08-08-16, 07:07
Hiya Saltlick and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

HalfJack
08-08-16, 08:09
Hello and welcome! :D
I think I'm the same as you regarding what works. Mindfulness and exercise have been big winners for me!

Mark13
09-08-16, 12:43
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.