PDA

View Full Version : So low, I'm falling apart.

Lisa Marie
09-10-04, 14:01
I have suffered from anxiety and panic for years, but never depression. I am constantly filled with anxiety, I find I am pacing the room or just have to get out and walk somewhere. I broke down at work the other day and am tearful often. I have been prescribed anti depressants but they are yet to take effect. There is so much going on in my head at the moment I feel as though I cant cope. I cant sleep even though I am taking nytol. Anyone help?

:(

tracyp584
09-10-04, 14:15
hey,

Have you tried distraction? Reading, watching a dvd? I find that helps me. I feel tearful often too, but sometimes a good cd and throwing myself into cleaning can help?

tracy x x

Lisa Marie
09-10-04, 14:20
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for replying, I tried reading a book earlier but it just wasnt sinking in, I cant even remember what the pages read. I dont really like watching films alone I just seem to be the same. As for cleaning! I cant even bring myself to lift a duster at the moment. I just read the posts on here and my only comfort is knowing I am not alone.

xx

tracyp584
09-10-04, 14:23
hey,

I know what you mean, but perhaps if you have someone that can pop round for a cuppa? I personally am ok as long as someone is talking to me, or i can switch off in a book.
I know how hard it is, and agree with you that it is so good knowing you are not alone!

Take care,

tracy x x

minny
09-10-04, 14:26
Hi Lisa!

Just hang on in there and the medication will start taking effect. Its an awful situation to be in but help is available. Your in the right place here!

Stay strong!

Love Minny...xxx

Lisa Marie
09-10-04, 14:30
Thanks for your advice, just seems like I am in a rut at the moment and dont know how to go forward from here. Trying to be positive but finding it really hard. Hopefully the medication will help.

Take care,

Lisa

x

Sue
09-10-04, 17:37
I felt just the way you do this time last year, but just recently seem to be making a little progress.Its tough and I sympathise.

The only advice I can offer is to stay as positive as you can and try to push yourself to do a little more each day. Hopefully when the medication kicks in you will start to feel a bit better.

Are you receiving any form of counselling??

Sue

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 18:56
Lisa

Try re-reading Meg's "First steps" post under the Welcome topic on the forum.

There may be something in there that you haven't tried yet and it may help you.

Be kind to yourself when you don't feel so good and pamper yourself a bit - lovely bath, glass of wine etc.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Nicola

sal
10-10-04, 18:58
Hi Lisa

Remember to put yourself first and take time out to enjoy the things that you like doing and make you feel better.

You say you have been prescribed medication but this takes time to work so give it time and dont expect overnight miracles.

Take care and i hope you start to feel better soon.

Love Sal xxxxx