PDA

View Full Version : I have a lot of anxiety in my mind. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ljj44577
09-08-16, 02:39
Lately, I've been dealing with anxiety and it is starting to bother me. I am confused about my sexuality. I think I could be bisexual. I am in the closet. I've only come out to certain people. I am 19 and I still live with my parents. I go to a community college. I am entering my third year. I am still dependent on my parents.

Lately, it feels like the anxiety is building up. For a while, I was able to cope. I'm afraid to come out because I think my parents will be disappointed. I'm scared of what my parents will think. I already have a older sister, who is a lesbian. She is out. My parents were not necessarily happy about it, but they still accepted her. I decided that I'm going to come out one day, but it might be a while. I don't feel comfortable coming out to my parents.

Speaking of the anxiety, I feel stressed out sometimes. It seems like the anxiety is building up. There are times where I feel okay, but there are times where I don't.

I really need some coping methods. For a while, I've been thinking of meditation. I hope that meditation will get rid of my anxiety. I really need some ways to cope with my anxiety.

Sometimes, when I get anxiety, I don't know how to make it stop. Sometimes, when I worry, I don't know to stop it. I don't really know how to control my anxiety.

Do you have any advice? Do you know what I could to make my anxiety go away? How can I deal with this? Can you ease my mind?

Kuatir
10-08-16, 17:11
Hi. Mindfullness exercises help. Meditation can help calm the mind, I would also recommend some breathing exercises and also muscle relaxing exercises.

Meditation is not a quick fix, you need to work at it and push through even when it doesn't seem to be helping. It is basically a lifestyle change, you need to do it everyday to finally gain the benefits.

Breathing and relaxation are quicker, but again you need to keep them up. Try these: http://www.talkingsense.org/resources/all-resources/audio/relaxation-cd/ (I've not used these particular ones, but have failed to locate the ones I used to use)