PDA

View Full Version : Neck Lumps.....

MrsDavies
09-08-16, 18:01
Hey, just wondering if any of you can physically feel your lymph nodes in your neck? Especially under the ear between the bone and jaw....?

Captain irrational
09-08-16, 18:20
I'd wager just about everybody has at least a few that can be easily felt. I can feel about 5 maybe 6 nodes in various areas of my neck, ranging from about 3mm - 10mm in size. Like so many others on this forum, they used to cause me a LOT of anxiety in the past, but I have more or less come to terms with them being there now.

MrsDavies
09-08-16, 19:42
I'd wager just about everybody has at least a few that can be easily felt. I can feel about 5 maybe 6 nodes in various areas of my neck, ranging from about 3mm - 10mm in size. Like so many others on this forum, they used to cause me a LOT of anxiety in the past, but I have more or less come to terms with them being there now.

Thank you so much for sharing, I've been really well recently and have overcome my HA however these, although not causing me panic, have caused me to be a little concerned.... they are moveable though and about the size of a kidney bean

saf138
09-08-16, 19:59
Yes I can feel 3 on one side with the third being the bigger one and very squishy like jelly whatever you do try to resist the temptation to poke at emit can make em swell or become painful.

MrsDavies
09-08-16, 20:03
Yes I can feel 3 on one side with the third being the bigger one and very squishy like jelly whatever you do try to resist the temptation to poke at emit can make em swell or become painful.

Thank you for sharing :) mine are moveable, I think this means they are pretty much safe or so I've heard...

saf138
09-08-16, 20:56
I would pretty much say so I've been to the doctors about them and I was reassured they were normal however what my doctor did say was it is deemed suspicious if the lymph nodes resembled a bag of marbles or a row of marbles which actually resemble the size and texture of marbles. I visited the doctors on separate occasions for what I thought was swollen lymph nodes in the neck also another visit for the groin area for several nodes that felt big ranging from half a cm to possibly close to an inch in sizes. On both occasions I was told they were absolutely normal. Try not to stress over them I did and I constantly poked and prodded away and they became very tender and painful.

MrsDavies
09-08-16, 22:28
I would pretty much say so I've been to the doctors about them and I was reassured they were normal however what my doctor did say was it is deemed suspicious if the lymph nodes resembled a bag of marbles or a row of marbles which actually resemble the size and texture of marbles. I visited the doctors on separate occasions for what I thought was swollen lymph nodes in the neck also another visit for the groin area for several nodes that felt big ranging from half a cm to possibly close to an inch in sizes. On both occasions I was told they were absolutely normal. Try not to stress over them I did and I constantly poked and prodded away and they became very tender and painful.

Well they are defintley not the size, shape or texture of a marble so that's reassuring. Thank you for that information. I did feel them on my husbands neck too so I guess I'm just being precautious as always! HA!

MrsDavies
10-08-16, 20:55

Fishmanpa
10-08-16, 21:01
they are moveable though and about the size of a kidney bean

N as in Normal.

Positive thoughts

MrsDavies
10-08-16, 21:25
N as in Normal.

Positive thoughts

Thank you... the only thing that's bothering me is I can feel One in the left side of my neck but not the other :/ is this considered normal too?

Fishmanpa
10-08-16, 21:59
Thank you... the only thing that's bothering me is I can feel One in the left side of my neck but not the other :/ is this considered normal too?

Yep... we're asymmetrical by nature. Now stop poking and prodding! You're irritating them and making them sore!

Positive thoughts

MrsDavies
10-08-16, 22:05
Yep... we're asymmetrical by nature. Now stop poking and prodding! You're irritating them and making them sore!

Positive thoughts

Thank you so much and I shall try!! Ha!!!!